4th Grade - Lesson 4 : A Symbol of Yourself
Description of Project
Students select a symbol representing an aspect of self.
Reading Aloud by Fay Jones
Photos courtesy of 4Culture.
- 1.1.1 Elements: Contour line
- 1.1.2 Elements: Shape
- 1.1.5 Elements: Negative space
- 3.2.1 Communicates for specific purpose: Uses materials and resources deliberately to communicate for a specific purpose.
Common Core ELA
- 4.SL.1.d. Review the key ideas expressed and explain their own ideas and understanding in light of the discussion.
- 4.L.5.a. Explain the meaning of simple similes and metaphors (e.g., as pretty as a picture) in context.