4th Grade - Lesson 2 : Modeling with Color
Description of Project
Students create a range of colors as a color wheel and make an object appear 3-dimensional in a painting.
Seeing by Karen Yurkovich
A Wooden Basket of Catawba Grapes by William Michael Harnett
Photos courtesy of the Frye Art Museum and 4Culture.
- 1.1.a Brainstorm multiple approaches to a creative art or design problem.
- 1.2.a Collaboratively set goals and create artwork that is meaningful and has purpose to the makers.
- 2.1.a Explore and incent art-making techniques and approaches.
- 2.2.a Document, describe and represent regional constructed environments.
- 3.a Revise artwork in progress on the basis of insights gained through peer discussion.
- 7.1.a Compare responses to a work of art before and after working in similar media.
Common Core ELA
- 4.W.8. Recall relevant information from experiences or gather relevant information from print or digital sources: take notes and categorize information, and provide a list of sources.