1st Grade - Lesson 6 : Rubbed Textures in Process-Folio
Description of Project
Students investigate texture in the environment through first-hand encounter (touch) and making rubbings. (First of three lessons.)
Basket by Skokomish tribe artisan
Walk to the Mountain by Gloria Bornstein
Photos courtesy of the Seattle Art Museum and 4Culture.
- 1.1.4 Elements: Texture
- 1.2.1 Uses a variety of tools to explore making lines and textures.
Common Core ELA
- 1.SL.4. Describe people, places, things and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.
- 1.L.1.f. Use frequently occurring adjectives.
- 1.L.5.a. Sort words into categories to gain a sense of the concepts the categories represent.
- 1.L.5.c. Identify real-life connections between words and their use.